About SCP Auctions, Inc.
SCP Auctions, one of the nation’s largest auctioneers and private sellers of important sports memorabilia and cards, is a leader in the industry. Founded in 1979 by David Kohler, SCP Auctions’ record speaks for itself, as the company has realized record auction and private sale prices for the c. 1920 Babe Ruth New York Yankees game worn road jersey ($4.415 million) T-206 Honus Wagner card ($2.8 million), the bat Babe Ruth used to hit the first home run in old Yankee Stadium ($1.265 million), the contract that sent Babe Ruth to the Yankees from the Red Sox ($996,000) and Barry Bonds’ record-breaking No. 756 home run ball ($752,467). The company’s consistency and knowledge have helped maintain SCP Auctions’ stellar reputation as a dominant figure in the sports memorabilia world, and it is highly visible throughout the industry due to its presence at major collectibles shows across the country and placement in all the major trade publications.
SCP Auctions principals David Kohler, Dan Imler, Clay Hill, and Brendan Wells have more than 100 years of combined industry experience, and dealing in vintage sports cards and memorabilia isn’t just their jobs – it’s their passion. SCP Auctions has the knowledge for every collector, whether your interest is in 19th century material, high grade PSA/SGC cards, game-used pieces or single cards and sets.
SCP Auctions, the only sports memorabilia company to have partnered with storied auction house Sotheby’s, is constantly striving to uncover incredible collections and offer the most interesting, valuable and unique collectibles possible. The private collections of Honus Wagner, Casey Stengel, Pee Wee Reese, Wilt Chamberlain, Bob Cousy, George Mikan, Dr. J, Paul Hornung, Ozzie Smith and Oscar Robertson are just a few of the one-of-a kind offerings that the company has presented collectors.
SCP Auctions is happy to offer suggestions and guidance on how to get the most out of any collector’s budget. SCP Auctions prides itself on customer service and speedy response to any issue or inquiry, and calls many of the nation’s top collectors its clients and, more important, friends. SCP Auctions has aided collectors in their own collection sales, including the historic Bill Nowlin bat collection, featuring game-used bats from Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig; the Mitsuhiko Fujita collection spanning the 1928, ’31, and ’34 major league all-star tours to Japan; the Kirk Harris T206 tobacco card collection; and the esteemed collection of Dr. Douglas Triplett’s “regionals” and test-issue single cards. We know we wouldn’t be able to succeed without your active participation, and we value our relationships with collectors and consignors alike.
Some of SCP’s memorable auctions and private sales have included:
- The Finest known T206 Honus Wagner tobacco card graded PSA NM-MT 8 - $2,800,000
- 1909-11 T206 Honus Wagner PSA VG-EX 4 - $425,500
- 1954 Topps Hank Aaron Rookie PSA GEM-MT 10- $357,594
- 1952 Topps Baseball Card Complete Set - Graded Entirely PSA NM-MT 8 - $310,500
- 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente Rookie PSA GEM-MT 10 - $432,690
- 1910 Old Mill Cigarettes Series 8 - Joe Jackson, New Orleans PSA GOOD 2 - $165,486
- 1963 Topps Pete Rose Rookie PSA GEM-MT 10 -$157,366
- 1903-4 Breisch Williams Type-1 (E107) Honus Wagner SGC 40 - $96,000
- 1935 National Chicle #34 Bronco Nagurski PSA NM-MT 8 - $66,354
- 1959 Topps #514 Bob Gibson PSA GEM-MT 10 - $53,759
- 1916 M101-4 Sporting News #151 Babe Ruth PSA EX-MT 6 - $54,712
- c. 1920 Babe Ruth Game Worn Road Jersey - $4,415,000
- Babe Ruth's signed bat used to slam the first home run in Yankee Stadium - $1,265,000
- The contract selling Babe Ruth from the Red Sox to the Yankees - $996,000
- Ball hit by Barry Bonds for career home run #756 breaking Hank Aaron's all-time home run record - $752,467
- Ball hit by Barry Bonds for career home run #755 tying Hank Aaron's all-time home run record - $186,750
- Ozzie Smith's 13 Gold Gloves - $519,203
- The Bob Cousy collection of basketball memorabilia - $455,000
- Honus Wagner’s 1907 Tiffany Sterling Silver “Loving Cup” presented to him by the National League - $93,240
- Arthur Ashe’s pair of Haggar solid gold presentation trophy tennis balls - $144,000
- Original plaster cast of the Heisman trophy sculpture from 1935 - $228,000
- Julius "Dr.J" Erving's 1974 New York Nets ABA World Championship Ring - $460,741
- Mickey Mantle’s First Major League Home Run Ball - $189,750
- Sandy Koufax’s 1963 No-Hitter Game Worn Spalding Frank Bolling Model 42-212 Glove - $126,500
- The first baseball pitched at the 1912 Grand Opening of Fenway Park - $132,000
- 1930's Babe Ruth's New York Yankees Game Worn Cap - $537,278
- Casey Stengel's 1951 World Series Championship Ring - $180,000
- Casey Stengel's 1957 AL Champions Cuff Links - $72,000
- Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig dual signed photo from 1939 Lou Gehrig appreciation day - $120,000
Contact our company by email, telephone, or by mail.
Go to Contact Us >>
Meet the Staff
Find out more about the people behind the scenes of SCP Auctions. You can also email them with any concerns or questions.
Go to Meet the Staff >>
Hear the SCP Auctions Experience from our customers, and truly understand why we are the industry leader in sports memorabilia.
Go to Testimonials >>